- Testing Static Analysis Tools
- Can I haz teh codez?
- Creating a compilation database
- Establishing a baseline
- Using clang’s analysis tools
- Running clang analysis (again)
- Using cppcheck
- Comparing clang and cppcheck
In my day job, one of my main focuses is software reliability and correctness, so it makes sense that I would be a big fan of static analysis.
I’ve written previously about the static analysis provided by clang. Today, I want to take a bit of a “deep-dive” into the whole subject by putting both clang and cppcheck through their paces, using them to analyze a benchmark suite designed to exercise static analysis tools. In the course of doing that, I’ll also provide some helper scripts that make working with the tools easier.